So I got some really good feedback on my work and made some changes to my reel. So here's the latest version.
Saturday, 1 February 2014
I was unhappy with the my previous render that I had for my work on fire. So I thought I'd have a go at redoing it. My previous render was of a bonfire but I thought with this I'd go with a burning room instead as it's a far more interesting render.
For this I also redid the fire material as well as the textures. And I also redid the smoke material and textures.
I'm much more pleased with this render in comparison with my previous one. The fire has a much more realistic movement and energy to it. I really struggled with getting the density of the smoke right, but after almost a day of finesseing I think I've got it at least in the ball park of being right. But alas, I'll get some feedback on it and see where to go from there.